Print and Packaging Product Development Engineer- Anderson, SC
First Quality was founded in 1989 and, in nearly three decades, has grown to be a global privately held company with over 4,000 employees. Its corporate offices are located in Great Neck, New York, with manufacturing facilities and offices in Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Georgia, and Canada. First Quality is a diversified family of companies manufacturing consumer products ranging from Absorbent Hygiene (adult incontinence, feminine care, and baby care), Tissue (bath and towel), and Industrial (print and packaging materials and thermoformed plastics), serving institutional and retail markets throughout the world. First Quality focuses on private label and branded product lines. Our core business philosophy is built on a proud culture driven by safety and quality, respect, humility, integrity, customer focus, and teamwork. With leading edge manufacturing technologies and processes and visionary leadership, First Quality is positioned to continue significant growth in the coming years. We are seeking an experienced Product Development Engineer for our Print & Packaging facility located in Anderson, SC. The position leads product development projects and can select technologies to use to meet customer demands. Works with and provides technical expertise for continuous improvement activities of the process teams for new and existing products within the FQP&P facility. This role will also work in collaboration with each facility quality managers and Product Development resources (including benchmarking and sharing of best practices). This individual must be able to participate in production trials and train others in testing methods.
- Chemical engineering degree with film experience; Masters or PHD preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years in industrial experience.
- Specific expertise in the following areas:
- Project Management
- Consumer Testing
- Material Testing
- Equipment design
- Trial planning and execution
- Intellectual Property
- Minimum of 2 years Product Development expertise.
- Experience developing patents preferred.
- Knowledge of packaging formulation and process understanding.
- Ability to work within and lead in a High Performance Work System at multiple locations (lead without authority).
- Knowledge of material science and analytical testing procedures.
- Knowledge and use of statistical analysis.
- Knowledge and use of Design of Experiments.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to develop and organize multiple projects.
- Ability to work with a diverse, cross-functional team of professionals to deliver against key objectives and timelines.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, Minitab, as well as other office systems.
For immediate consideration, please go to the Join Us section at www.firstquality.com to complete the online application.