Packaging / Structural CAD Designer- Seattle, WA
The Structural Packaging Designer will be creating drawings and specifications for new and revised structural packaging designs working with internal and external customers to develop innovative and functional packaging out of folding carton and SFL corrugate in a team environment.
- Work with Sales team to create structural packaging designs
- Create CAD and supporting documents
- Know and challenge the limits of equipment
- Work with manufacturing team to confirm design can run on equipment in plant
- Make high quality sample prototypes for new and existing customers
- Produce small production runs of prototypes on CAD table
- Test corrugated package designs with internal testing equipment
Education and Experience Required:
- 4 years’ experience in packaging environment
- Printing and/or packaging business background is desirable but not necessary
- CAD program experience (preferred technology: ArtiosCAD / Kongsberg / TOPs / Salesforce / Adobe Illustrator)
Skills and Requirements:
- Knowledge of CAD design software in a folding carton and corrugated packaging environment.
- Experience with operating CAD table and making prototype samples.
- Strong mechanical and technical skills.
- Demonstrate ability to think in 3D.
- Knowledge of die cutting, packaging gluers and finishing equipment.
- Knowledge of various paperboard stocks and corrugated board variations.
- Smart, strategic thinker with strong analytical/problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to effectively collaborate with associates throughout the organization.
- Attention to detail and accuracy with the ability to manage and prioritize conflicting demands to meet deadlines.
- Ability to be extremely organized, results driven, with the ability to handle diverse projects concurrently.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills with the ability to present information in various ways and to various audiences effectively.
- Demonstrate a commitment to safety and perform job duties in accordance to company safety policies and procedures
- Team player
- Other duties as assigned
Qualified candidates please send your resume along with a cover letter to: email@example.com