Associate Packaging Engineer- Richland, WA
Started in 1950 on a small farm in the Northwest region of the U.S., Lamb Weston has grown to be one of the world’s largest frozen potato companies, happily delivering the delicious goodness of fries to more than 100 countries. Lamb Weston has created inventive products and processes that are standards in the industry. When we look at a potato, we see possibilities.
Our people are a valuable and integral part of our business and play a vital role in our success as an organization. At Lamb Weston we offer the financial stability and career potential of a true industry leader.
Lamb Weston will offer you the opportunity to put your education and skills to work as part of a great team, contributing to the achievement of the organization’s goals and objectives. You will be challenged to take responsibility, drive results, show creativity, and display initiative - and you will be rewarded for your contributions and impact.
Let’s explore the possibilities together.
An Associate Packaging Engineer helps support identification, development and commercialization of new, improved, and cost-reduced packaging while supporting cross-functional project tasks. This position leads simple to complex projects and supports technical initiatives as needed. It also acts as a key packaging resource for the stage gate process and works both independently and as part of a team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for working directly with packaging suppliers, material, and technology to help drive innovation and new business. This candidate will also drive projects focused on the interface between the packages we design and operational efficiency in our manufacturing plants and throughout our distribution networks.
• Support the innovation stage-gate process on assigned packaging projects from ideation through commercialization.
• Simultaneous support and lead high complex technical projects.
• Develop ideas for savings, innovation, plant efficiency and quality improvements that are relevant to the business.
• Independently plan, execute, and analyze plant/pilot plant/lab trials.
• Develop and manage technical packaging specifications.
• Establish strong working relationship with key suppliers.
• Utilize Dynamics Lab to qualify material and perform prototyping.
Skills & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree Required. Packaging or Engineering preferred.
• Minimum of 1 co-op or internship, CPG preferred.
• Strong understanding of packaging materials, capabilities, and equipment.
• Thorough understanding of physical and structural package testing procedures.
• Exposure to 2-D/3-D design programs (AutoCAD, ArtiosCad, and/or SolidWorks) preferred.
• Ability to travel up to 25% of time, most travel will not require overnight stay.
• Valid US Driver’s license and ability to meet Company driving standards.
Incumbent must have the ability to effectively perform all of the following physical demands without assistance:
• Ability to travel up to 25% of time, most travel will not require overnight stay
• Ability to lift 25 to 50 lbs.
• Ability to stand for 75% of a day
• Ability to sit for 4 hours at a time
Lamb Weston is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
Qualified candidates should apply at: https://careers.lambweston.com/job/Lamb-Weston-Richland-Washington/21458431