Package Development Manager- Los Angeles, CA
The Manager of New Package Development will lead package development of new product launches within skincare and bath and body care. This dynamic individual utilizes extensive technical and creative package development experience to develop of exciting and disruptive new packages for all bliss launches. They will work with the Head of Innovation and Global Brand Development team to create new products that are in line with bliss’ brand strategy.
- Utilizes vast technical and creative package development expertise to develop new and groundbreaking packages that are innovative and meet the highest quality standards.
- Reviews and approves primary package technical drawings. Shows a deep understanding of tolerance analyses. Able to review and understand single and multi-part assemblies.
- Writes technical packaging specifications including fill and assembly instructions.
- Addresses any issues that may arise during development with respective internal and external partners.
- Brings technical and creative secondary package knowledge and expertise to effectively lead the development and delivery of bliss’ secondary packaging including bliss’ Holiday Gift programs.
- Works on continuous improvement and cost savings projects as needed.
- Works with quality to address any packaging issues.
- Sources packaging for new launches with suppliers.
- Researches the latest and most innovative packages.
- Works with the Formula Development Manager & Head of Innovation to ensure synergy between formula and package.
Testing and Documentation
- Has extensive knowledge for product package testing.
- Manages, tracks and coordinates all aspects of new product package testing.
- Creates package test plans for all new products.
Driven Project Manager and Leader
- Brings the appropriate team members together to effectively brainstorm, plan and execute brand initiatives and problem solve.
- Outspoken, able to effectively make recommendations and voice concerns.
- Uses their project management skills to ensure deadlines, launches and budgets are always met and on time.
- College degree + minimum 4 years of package development experience preferred or 5 + yrs equivalent package development experience.
- Successful track record in developing and launching packages with demonstrated ability to execute with results and excellence within the packaging category.
- Strong knowledge of package development; active follower of new product trends and disruptors to ensure that brand stays ahead of the curve.
- Results-driven with strong ability to multi task and work with many different personalities.
- Must be highly detail-oriented and have strong follow through to manage the many details and steps to each project.
- Highly motivated problem-solver and self-starter; capable of working independently, yet collaboratively, within a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent team player with the ability to build, foster and nurture strong relationships and gain buy-in of cross-functional team and external partners/vendors.
- Passion for cosmetics/beauty business.
- Drive and potential to assume increased responsibility.
- Occasional travel to press checks and 1st production fills is required.
Qualified candidates should contact Alison Silver at Alison.Silver@blissmail.com