Print and Packaging Extrusion Manager- Anderson, SC
First Quality was founded in 1988 and, in nearly three decades, has grown to be a global privately held company with over 5,000 employees. Its corporate offices are located in Great Neck, New York, with manufacturing facilities and offices in Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Georgia, Canada, and China. First Quality is a diversified family of companies manufacturing consumer products ranging from Absorbent Hygiene (adult incontinence, feminine care, and baby care), Tissue (bath and towel), and Industrial (non-woven fabrics, print and packaging materials, thermoformed plastics), serving institutional and retail markets throughout the world. First Quality focuses on private label and branded product lines. Our core business philosophy is built on a proud culture driven by safety and quality, respect, humility, integrity, customer focus, and teamwork. With leading edge manufacturing technologies and processes and visionary leadership, First Quality is positioned to continue significant growth in the coming years. We are seeking an experienced Extrusion Manager for our Print & Packaging company located in Anderson, SC. This position manages all functions of the department to ensure we are producing high quality products, maximizing efficiencies, and maintaining excellent safety. This position will offer many challenging circumstances, which require quick thinking and problem solving methods to properly manage and support the operation. Flexibility is a requirement for completing the job. You will work closely with the Safety, Quality and Maintenance departments in addition to the other production areas.
- Assists in process evaluation to help optimize unit productivity.
- Supports production in developing, documents, creating and improving products and more efficient processes.
- Evaluates opportunities to improve performance, increase yields, and minimize waste.
- Identifies and documents capabilities and limitations of processes.
- Participates in planning and implementing new products.
- Assumes reasonability for specific production projects from planning to production and release.
- Researches, analyzes, tests, designs, and supports production projects.
- Utilizes standardized techniques and processes in production.
- Ensures that production plans and processes are compliant with relevant regulations.
- Maintains relevant documentation.
- Provides work instructions and training to lower level positions.
- Ensures safety requirements are met.
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective communication, coordination, and working relationships with area staff, clients, and management.
- Keeps internal stakeholders informed of significant problems and of progress attained in reaching established objectives.
- Assists and supports Production, Quality and Engineering personnel.
- Supports area staff with day to day operations and troubleshooting.
- Assumes responsibilities for related duties as required and assigned.
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- Performance measurements.
- Research and development tasks are performed in accordance with established standards, policies, and procedures.
- Production processes are efficient and make optimal use of resources.
- Good working relationships exist with co-workers and team members. Concerns are promptly addresses and any problems effectively resolved.
- Keeps leadership appropriately informed of area activities and of any significant problems. Recommendations for improvements in policies and procedures are provided.
- Ensures client production specifications and needs are met.
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, engineering, or a related manufacturing field or equivalent years of experience.
- Minimum of five years of experience in film extrusion experience is required. ISO experience preferred.
- Excellent management skills and experience.
- Excellent technical aptitude.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, capable to work with all levels.
- Advanced knowledge of the manufacturing requirements for production operations.
- Standard knowledge of Material Requirements Planning (MRP), Total Quality Control (TQC), and Capacity Requirements Planning (CRP).
- Strong computer skills. Proficient in MS Office products.
- Standard knowledge of O.S.H.A. laws and regulations within the manufacturing field.
- Fundamental knowledge of Worker’s Compensation rules and regulations and an understanding of employee relations.
- Strong human relations and interpersonal skills.
- Advanced comprehension of the machinery and mechanical functions of the operation.
- Strong problem solving skills in aiding the efficiency of the operation.
For immediate consideration, please go to the Join Us section at www.firstquality.com to complete the online application.