ABOUT THE COURSE
Polymers play a big role in packaging. To be a proficient and well-rounded packaging professional, you need to be comfortable with polymers. When you are working on a project involving plastics, it's important that you are able to speak this language and bring value to the table concerning polymer selection, polymer processing, and plastic applications in packaging. In this course, you are going to learn about the different types of polymers, their roles, functions, pros and cons of each, and real-world applications. From this, you are going to take away which polymers are suitable for the applications you are working on.
- Welcome to Polymers!
- History of Polymers
- Market/Industry Overview
- Polymers in Packaging
Polymer Chemistry 101
- Introduction to Polymer Chemistry 101
- Basic Concepts
- Polymer Structure
- Thermal Properties
- Other Poperties
- Sustainability and Biopolymers
- Interactions with Packaging
- Knowledge Check: Polymer Chemistry 101
- Introduction to Production
- Packaging Types
- Molding Process- Blow molding, Injection Molding
- Converting, Laminating and Coating
- Flexible Packaging Systems
- Thermal Analysis
- Knowledge Check: Production
Plastic in Packaging
- Introducton to Plastic in Packaging
- Polymer Cheat Sheet
- Closure Systems
- Distribution Packaging
- Plastics Design
- Knowledge Check: Plastic in Packaging
- That's a Wrap
- Final Exam
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- The overview of the history of polymers, the current state of the market for polymer packaging, and some of the key stakeholders.
- An understanding of polymer structure and properties, including migration from packaging to product, and to evaluate the sustainability of polymers.
- To identify the various processes of polymer manufacturing, the different packaging types, and enhancement processes used for specific applications.
- To apply polymer knowledge to its use in adhesives, closures, distribution packaging, as well as the regulations for its use.
WHAT YOU'LL GET for $399
Enroll Today and Gain Immediate Access for 12 Months!