ABOUT THE COURSE
This course focuses on how machinery is used in the packaging industry to produce high volumes of quality packages. These individual machines can be connected to create a packaging line. You will learn: how to be realistic in selecting a co-packer, how the structural design of a package influences the efficiency of the line, and how you can optimize your package design and machinery to produce the most proficient packaging line.
- Introduction to Machinery
- Industry Overview
- Evolution of Technology
- Why You Need to Know the Fundamentals
- Levels of Packaging
- Levels of Automation
- Layout and Orientation
- Knowledge Check: Machinery 101
The Packaging Production Line
- Introduction to the Packaging Production Line
- Line Loading and Unloading
- Container Cleaning
- Liquid Product Filling
- Solid Product Filling
- Flexible Packaging
- Capping and Closing
- Coding and Inline Printing
- Cartoning and Case Packaging
- Knowledge Check: The Packaging Production Line
Increasing Production Efficiency
- Maximixe Throughput, Achieve Good Line Ergonomics and Meet Your Timeline
- Creating a More Flexible Packaging Line
- Package Design and Machinability
- Knowledge Check: Increasing Population Efficiency
- Machinery Wrap Up
- Final Exam
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
The evolution of machinery and where the industry stands today.
How to identify the levels of packaging and their effect on packaging machinery layout.
An overview of the complete packaging line and the multiple components from line loading and unloading to inspecting and case packaging.
How to evaluate a packaging line for maximum production output and efficiency.
WHAT YOU'LL GET for $399
Enroll Today and Gain Immediate Access for 12 Months!