ABOUT THE COURSE
This course focuses on how machinery is used in the packaging industry to produce high volumes of quality packages. These individual machines can be connected to create a packaging line. You will learn: how to be realistic in selecting a co-packer, how the structural design of a package influences the efficiency of the line, and how you can optimize your package design and machinery to produce the most proficient packaging line.
- Introduction to Machinery
- Industry Overview
- Evolution of Technology
- Why You Need to Know the Fundamentals
- Levels of Packaging
- Levels of Automation
- Layout and Orientation
- Knowledge Check: Machinery 101
The Packaging Production Line
- Introduction to the Packaging Production Line
- Line Loading and Unloading
- Container Cleaning
- Liquid Product Filling
- Solid Product Filling
- Flexible Packaging
- Capping and Closing
- Coding and Inline Printing
- Cartoning and Case Packaging
- Knowledge Check: The Packaging Production Line
Increasing Production Efficiency
- Maximixe Throughput, Achieve Good Line Ergonomics and Meet Your Timeline
- Creating a More Flexible Packaging Line
- Package Design and Machinability
- Knowledge Check: Increasing Population Efficiency
- Machinery Wrap Up
- Final Exam
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- The evolution of machinery and where the industry stands today.
- How to identify the levels of packaging and their effect on packaging machinery layout.
- An overview of the complete packaging line and the multiple components from line loading and unloading to inspecting and case packaging.
- How to evaluate a packaging line for maximum production output and efficiency.
WHAT YOU'LL GET for $399
Enroll Today and Gain Immediate Access for 12 Months!