ABOUT THE COURSE
Glass is a material that is widely used in the alcohol, soda, and food industries due to its perceived quality image, barrier properties, and tactile feel. Glass is the only material that is 100% recyclable and can be recycled endlessly without loss in quality or purity - something no other food and beverage packaging option can claim. This eLearning course teaches you how to source different types of glass packaging. It also covers the manufacturing, sustainability and design of glass containers.
- Introduction to Glass
- Interactive History of Glass
- Glass Industry Market Overview
- Glass Packaging Basics
- Introduction to Glass Manufacturing
- Glass Composition
- Glass Manufacturing
- Glass Colorants
- Glass Treatments
- Glass Types
- Glass Properties
- Inspections and Defects
- Testing Standards
- Anatomy of a Glass Bottle
- Knowledge Check: Glass Manufacturing
Glass Container Design
- Introduction to Glass Container Design
- Cheat Sheet- Glass Container Styles
- Finishes and Closures
- Decorating and Labeling
- Plastics Vs. Glass
- Glass Finish Drawings
- Lightweight Glass
- Design Innovations
Glass Procurement and Production
- Ready for Order
- General Glass Bottle Filling Process
- Glass Resource Locator
- Knowledge Check: Procurement & Production
Glass Packaging Wrap-Up
- That's a Wrap
- Final Exam
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- An overview of the glass market and industry throughout the years and its sustainability approach for the future.
- An understanding of the glass manufacturing process from raw materials to final inspection.
- The pros and cons of glass vs. plastic.
- A comprehensive understanding of glass finishing, labeling, and decorating applications.
- An evaluation of production filling methods and glass distribution.
WHAT YOU'LL GET FOR $399
Enroll Today and Gain Immediate Access for 12 Months!