Blow Molding Technician- Fontana, CA
- Shift: All Shifts
- Salary Status: Pay will be based on qualifications and work experience
- FLSA: Non-exempt
- Employment Type: TBD
- Location: Fontana, CA
- Reports to: Chief Engineer
In the Process Technician-Injection Molding role, you will be responsible for processing and troubleshooting all plastic injection molding machines. Support process improvement and new technology processes to achieve goals for profitability, safety and ergonomics. Develop and document processes to manufacture new injection molded products and to optimize and improve current production processes. This role will be cross-trained in our Process/Maintenance Technician- Blow Molding role. In addition, you will be responsible for assisting the Chief Engineer and Management team with other projects as assigned.
- Comply with all quality, safety, and work rules and regulations.
- Adheres to all instructions, Good Manufacturing Practices and housekeeping procedures
- Process and troubleshoot and repair all Plastic Injection Molding Machines, Blow Molding and Support equipment.
- Reduce Scrap and promote efficient operations of the cycle time.
- Provide innovative and creative solutions to production problems
- Follow the complete Start-up and Shut down (injection molding machines and conveyors) procedure as per Company’s and Machine requirement.
- Assists with cross-training of Material Handler-Injection Molding technicians on tasks such as those listed below:
- Mold Changes and Mold Cleaning
- Starting and stopping the injection molding machines
- Starting and stopping the conveyors
- Purging out the injection molding machine
- Changing out and cleaning out the dryer filters
- Maintenance of the chiller system
- Any other duties as assigned.
Process/Maintenance Technician- Blow Molding Responsibilities:
- Process and troubleshoot and repair of all PET blow mold and support equipment.
- Monitor and adjust bottle processes to optimize bottle quality and correct defects, including the completion of hourly quality checks.
- Complete preform and bottle changeovers.
- Become proficient in facility specific blow molder equipment operations & troubleshooting.
- Replace or Repair parts.
- Machine installation support.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience with Husky machines is highly desired.
- Technical training in Injection Molding/Processing preferred.
- 3 years minimum operation and adjustment experience with Injection Molding machines
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, set priorities, identifies problems, address problems and meet deadlines.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- English skills must be proficient to read, write and communicate.
- Basic math skills
- Basic computer skills
- Basic mechanical trouble shooting and repair
- Basic electrical trouble shooting and repair.
- Basic machine shop skills.
- Machine installation experience.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work effectively both independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to work overtime and weekends as required.
- Must be able to operate material handling equipment.
- Must be committed to the success of the entire organization
- Understand and comply with applicable OSHA safety rules/regulations and Lockout/Tag-out requirements.
Requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Must be able to stand and walk for prolonged periods of time.
- Must be able to lift and carry.
- Must be able to push, pull, twist, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, and crawl.
- Must be able to perform repetitive motions such as reaching and grasping.
- Work environment is in a warehouse and temperatures inside vary between hot or cold based on the outside conditions.
- Work is past paced.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other duties as assigned to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Qualified candidates contact Oscar Manuel at email@example.com.